Rick Pollack announced it last night. Preorder now with 5-7 week lead time..
There’s a base model for US$799 which includes:
– RAMPS (unassembled)
– MakerGear stepper extruder (3mm or 1.75mm)
– About 5x5x5 inch build platform (~127mm)
– Much slippery mechanical goodness via bearings and PTFE coatings
– UP! style X/Y/Z axis arrangement
– No power supply?
Then there’s a Plus version for $999 which adds to the base model:
– Assembled RAMPS
– More filament (variety pack type deal)
– Power supply
Note that these are just the bits that caught my eye. Visit www.makergear.com for actual & official details.
I’m a little bit surprised at the UP!-style design, though that’s not necessarily a bad thing – it’s just different than I expected, based on meeting Rick at MakerFaire NYC last year and chatting about some ideas.
MakerGear has a very solid (and deserved, IMO!) reputation of building high-quality gear and offering unmatched levels of service. I’m not sure yet if I’m going to order a MakerGear Mosaic but it’s something I’m definitely going to keep an eye on…